21 Jokes Only Nerds Will Understand (Click here if you want to see them all)
I clicked over, 'cause I'm curious & wanted to see how many I would get. I saw this one & just about fell off my chair laughing. I laughed longer and harder than I had for some time.
So here's why it was so funny.
A couple of weeks ago we (the kids and I) were running Abbie to Baton class and Nate was hungry. We went across the street to the bagel shop & I gave him money & sent him in to get a half dozen sesame seed bagels (his favorite). He came back out very sad, they were out of sesame seed bagels I mentally went through their bagels and sent him back in. My suggestion: "Why don't you go back in and get a pizza bagel, you like pizza. You can try something new and then maybe next time you'll have another kind that you like." He asked me if he should get a dozen to which I replied "No, just get one to try and if you like it you can get more later". He came out with a half dozen pizza bagels and a free sample he talked them into giving him.
Somehow he got the worker to give him a sample to try, decided he liked it, and (I guess) it was "later" enough & I had orignially sent him in for a half dozen bagels so surely I still needed a half dozen.So he bought a half dozen pizza bagels. Perfect Nate logic.
I don't think I'll ever need a half dozen pizza bagels, but I did get a reminder that day of just how literal he can be. Hey programmers make good money - right?!
Not at all related to this post but today I am grateful for a creative husband who "redneck engineered" the kids pool so they could cool off in this heat & I didn't have to find the $$$ for new pool! They've been playing all day - it makes us all much happier. ("Redneck engineered" are Dan's words not mine - he's the least redneck person I know!)
No comments:
Post a Comment