It all started last Thursday evening. Abbie has dance class on Thursdays and after class I always ask her what her favorite class was that day (she does half an hour each of tap, ballet & baton), her reply was a never heard before "not ballet". "Not ballet" was my reply "why not"? She said it made her dizzy that day - I thought it was funny & we got loaded up & headed home & that was the end of it. Later that evening during dinner she started complaining that her left ear hurt, then I felt bad - suspecting she had an ear infection & that's what had made her dizzy at dance class - after dinner & a quick bath I took her to the urgent care doctor (the one you can go to before going to the ER but after normal doctor's hours). Not only was her left ear infected, so was her right. The doctor said her left ear was so bad that it overpowered her noticing the right was infected too. So home we came & she missed school on Friday, but was on her way to well as of Saturday.
Sunday Nate started running a fever & so we kept him home from church and since we decided to tag team the rest of the meetings the little girls stayed home too - it's just easier that way. Dan & Abbie went to sacrament meeting, then Dan & I switched places so I could go sub in primary (something I committed to do much earlier in the month). Nate missed school on Monday 'cause he was still running a fever (no other symptoms), his fever broke Monday evening but the school has a "no symptoms for 24 hours rule" before returning to school so he missed school on Tuesday as well. However I let him go to cub scouts where they launched rockets they made - SUPER COOL!!! I wish I would have taken my camera - MOM what were you thinking?! Anyway after scouts we cleaned out the van, Nate went on a bike ride around the neighborhood - all was well, I was planning on him going to school the next day - WRONG.
That night at dinner Dan said Kassie had been crying (when we were outside) saying her ear hurt and she wanted to go to the doctor, and had I seen Maddie's eye. I mentioned that it was a little pink earlier but I wasn't worried about it - look at it now he says. It was bright red & swollen, we both were in agreement that we thought it was pink eye. Another trip to urgent care appeared to be in our future that evening - fun times. Then Nate starts crying saying his throat hurts & he doesn't want to eat. It was like one minute they were all fine then instantly they were falling apart! Fast forward, we took all 3 to urgent care. Kassie did indeed have an ear infection, Maddie had pink eye, & Nate strep throat (he then missed 2 more days of school). All this & it was only Tuesday!
Thursday night was Abbie's school music concert, and since everyone had been on antibiotics long enough we felt we were safe to attend. The title of the performance - "Bugz"! How appropriate for us! It was fun, cute - just as you would expect. Abbie had a speaking part:
"Of course we've been invited. I checked it with the planners"
Too bad the microphone got unplugged & you couldn't hear her say anything - but you can see her mouth the words.
There were songs about a picnic, ladybugs, fireflies, but the one about the army ants was my favorite (sorry I don't have complete videos on a couple of them - juggling a camera while trying to keep Nate & Kassie quiet was a chore to say the least).
The kicker to our bug week was that I got sick on Friday. I probably wouldn't have gone to the doctor but when Abbie fell off the bunk bed and we thought she might have broken her hand (just a sprain) and I had to take her to be seen & got myself checked - guess what I now have antibiotics too! I joked with my mom that I wanted to bug bomb the house to kill all the germs - really I've had enough of the sickies! At this point fingers are crossed that Dan doesn't get sick - this week coming up is spring break & we plan on having lots of fun (stay tuned), so we don't want a sick daddy - he doesn't want to be sick either!
That explains why you are without a voice. Holy Smokes! Nothing like doing everything as a family all at once. Dan, load up on your vitamins and liquids.
ReplyDelete